How can I tell when it’s time for a new hot water heater?
There’s nothing worse than a surprise cold shower! Here are some red flag signals that your water heater is ready for replacement:
- No hot water: a lack of hot water, or hot water that takes forever to arrive, are both signs that your water heater needs replacement.
- Extremely hot water: extremely hot water, especially if this hot water alternates with icy cold water, indicates that there’s a problem with your water heater. Repair may be possible, or you may need your Albany plumber to replace the water heater.
- Puddles of water underneath the water heater.
- Cracks, breaks, holes or damage to the body of the water heater.
- Unusual noises or thumping sounds coming from the water heater. The water heater should operate silently.
These are things that a home owner should watch for signaling a water heater problem.